Join our beeswax wrap workshop
Learn how to make your very own Beeswax Wrap and take it home!
- Public: Adults 18+
- Date: Saturday, October 26th, 2019
- Time: 10:30 am to 12:00 pm (1,5 hours)
- Venue: 393 Swan St, Richmond VIC 3121
- Capacity: 4 people
- Price: $55 Aud
Cutting down on plastic waste? Keep your food fresh and plastic free with reusable wraps made from beeswax. These practical and environment-friendly wraps are produced in our design lab in Richmond by our talented entrepreneurs, and now you can learn how to make them too!
SisterWorks is offering a fun and useful workshop on how to make our signature beeswax wraps. They are waste-free, easy to clean, and perfect for wrapping fruit, vegetables, sandwiches, cheese and snacks. All wraps are made with donated recycled cotton, local beeswax, jojoba oil and natural pine resin.
After the workshop, you will walk home with 3 different sized beeswax wraps that will be perfect in your kitchen or as an ethical gift for someone you care about.
By attending our workshop, you will help support SisterWorks journey to the empowerment of migrant and refugee women.
What you will learn
- The process of making Beeswax wraps
- Materials needed and quantities required
- The skills to make the wraps again at home using our simple techniques
What you will get:
- Three different sized beeswax wraps to take home
- Information on where to get the supplies
- The opportunity to support and learn more about one of our entrepreneurs here at SisterWorks
What to bring:
- Just your lovely self! All equipment will be provided by SisterWorks
About the teacher:
During the workshop, you will be taught by two of our amazing entrepreneurs, women of refugee, asylum seeker, or migrant background. They will teach you how to make and care for the beeswax wraps, as well as sharing their stories of their journey to Australia and their experience here at SisterWorks.
To book click here: Beeswax Wrap Workshop