SisterWorks donates 5000 reusable face masks
5000 reusable face masks donated & we couldn't have done it without you!
We are so pleased to share with our incredibly supportive community that we reached our target of donating 5000 reusable face masks to community organisations across Victoria.
SisterWorks is thrilled by the outpouring of support for our ‘Donate-a-Mask’ project and our mission to help those that are vulnerable within our community to stay safe. We are grateful to be able to do our part, with your support, to ensure that a DHHS compliant reusable face mask was given to someone in need, providing them with essential health protection.
For every $10 donated to SisterWorks, we created and distributed a DHHS compliant reusable face mask to a vulnerable member of our community. Over the past couple of months, we forged some beautiful friendships with local organisations through these donations. These organisations have been providing incredible services for the vulnerable members of our community, keeping them safe and healthy during this difficult time.
The organisations include:
- Addison Road Community Organisation: 100 masks donated https://addiroad.org.au/
- Alfred Health St. Kilda Road Clinic: 200 masks donated https://www.alfredhealth.org.au/
- Anonymous X: 100 masks donated https://www.anonymousx.com.au/
- ARMS Vic: 100 masks donated http://www.armsvic.org.au/
- Asylum Seeker Resource Center (ASRC): 100 masks donated https://asrc.org.au/
- Bendigo Community Health Services: 50 masks donated https://www.bchs.com.au/
- Bendigo Family and Financial Services: 50 masks donated http://www.bendigofamilyandfinancialservices.org/
- Bendigo Foodshare: 100 masks donated https://bendigofoodshare.org.au/
- Bendigo Legacy: 30 masks donated https://www.legacy.com.au/
- Bendigo Uniting Care: 50 masks donated Uniting Bendigo | Uniting Vic.Tas
- CC Wok: 50 masks donated with their home cooked meals to those living on the streets of Melbourne.
- CHIRP Castlemaine: 30 masks donated https://chirp.org.au/
- Fare Share: 50 masks donated https://www.fareshare.net.au/
- Haven; Home, Safe in Bendigo: 100 masks donated https://havenhomesafe.org.au/
- Loddon-Campaspe Multicultural Centre in Bendigo: 50 masks donated https://lcms.org.au/
- McAuley Community Service for Women: 50 masks donated https://www.mcauleycsw.org.au/
- Melbourne Period Project: 400 masks donated https://www.nhcollective.org.au/the-period-project/
- Nalderun Aboriginal Services: 30 masks donated nalderun.net.au
- North Melbourne Community Centre: 210 masks donated https://nmcc.ymca.org.au/
- Sacred Heart Mission: 200 masks donated https://www.sacredheartmission.org/
- Salvation Army: 1500 masks donated https://www.salvationarmy.org.au/
- Salvos in Castlemaine: 50 masks donated https://www.salvationarmy.org.au/castlemaine/
- Support the Girls Australia: 400 masks donated https://supportthegirls.com.au
- Uniting Vic Tas: 100 masks donated https://www.unitingvictas.org.au/
- West Welcome Wagon: 200 masks donated https://www.westwelcomewagon.org.au/
- Youth Projects: 300 masks donated https://www.youthprojects.org.au/
SisterWorks had the privilege to be sponsored by Laing O’Rourke and South Eastern Program Alliance (SEPA) for our mask donation project. This donation benefited three organisations that work to protect women from family violence:
This project has been an uplifting and empowering experience for our Sisters and team at SisterWorks, and we express our gratitude to our new and existing alliances, in the hope that we can continue to spread comfort and positivity through our work.
You can continue to support our project by clicking on the button below to make a $10 donation, which will be used to create and further distribute our reusable face masks. At SisterWorks, we truly believe that ‘Together we are Strong’.
* Tax deductible invoice available for this mask donation program.