SisterWorks have created a face mask that satisfies the requirements issued by DHHS. Our new masks are made in Victoria (Melbourne and Bendigo), consist of one external layer of water repellent fabric, one middle layer of poly-cotton, and one inner layer of 100% cotton fabric.
Our DHHS masks are super light, breathable and perfect to wear all day long. The Australian government advised that face masks are effective in reducing the transmission of COVID-19. The Department of Human Services (DHHS) then issued a guideline of making reusable cloth masks.
These masks serve as a barrier to protect you, your loved ones and the community from transmission of COVID-19. These masks are washable and reusable, which is more economical than the disposal masks and more importantly, reduces waste.
This is not a medical device but may serve as a protective barrier for various daily and occasional activities.
- 3 layers:
- One external layer of water-resistant fabric
- One middle layer of poly-cotton
- One internal 100% cotton layer
- Machine washable and reusable
- Elastic ear loops (white or black depending on availability)
- Dimensions – approx. 26 cm wide x 15 cm high (approximate size for an adult – shape and dimensions may vary slightly for all masks are individually handmade)
- Designed with a pocket to insert additional layers or filters (PM 2.5 filter fit perfectly in it) ***Additional layers or filters not included*** but you can add them to your basket here: https://sisterworks.org.au/product/pm2-5-filters-for-sisterworks-face-masks/
For orders of over 20 face masks please email email@example.com
CARE & USE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Wash before first use. Then wash after every use
- Hand wash or machine wash in warm water, with similar colours on gentle cycle
- Air dry (if possible place the mask in direct sunlight) or tumble dry on low heat
- Do not bleach
- Do not iron
- Discontinue use and discard if worn out or soiled
- Discontinue use if you experience discomfort or difficulty breathing
- Customer service is our priority, however, for hygienic reasons, we cannot accept returns on this item
M A D E W I T H L O V E L O C A L L Y E T H I C A L L Y
Sisterworks mission is to enable migrant refugee and asylum seeker women to have the opportunity to be confident, independent and learn new social and vocational skills to improve their economic outlook