Beginners Macrame Workshop with Faith
- Public: Adults 15+ All skill levels are welcome
- Date: Saturday February 23rd, 2019
- Time: 10:30 am to 12:30 pm (2 hours)
- Venue: 393 Swan St, Richmond VIC 3121
- Capacity: 10 people
- Price: $65 Aus
- Workshop description:
Looking for a way to freshen up your living space? Why not do so by creating your very own unique and stylish macrame wall hanging. SisterWorks is offering a Macrame workshop perfect for beginners. No prior experience is needed, and your teacher Faith will guide you through the whole process. She’s one of our extremely talented entrepreneurs here at SisterWorks, and she can’t wait to show you what she knows.
In this 2-hour workshop you will learn four basic macrame knot techniques. Materials will be provided for you to practice and to make your own piece of art. At the end of the workshop you will go home with a finish macramé piece perfect for hanging on your wall or as a unique ethical gift for someone you care about.
This workshop is a great opportunity to meet new people and explore your creativity. Let’s make some knots!
What you will learn
- Four different macrame knots
- How to attach twine to driftwood
- How to combine the techniques to create your very own masterpiece
What you will get:
- Driftwood and twine (type of macrame material)
- The opportunity to use your creativity and imagination to create a personalised piece
- The opportunity to support and learn more about one of our entrepreneurs here at SisterWorks
- What to bring:
Just your lovely self! All equipment will be provided by SisterWorks
About the teacher:
Faith is one of our many talented entrepreneurs here at SisterWorks. She’s originally from Papua New Guinea and came to Australia in early 2017, since then she has been part of our sisterhood, always laughing and teaching other woman how to improve their craft skills.
Before she came to Australia, Faith worked as a teacher and also as a Tailor which she calls her passion. This amazing woman is always doing handcrafts such as sewing, macrame, crochet and much more. She is really excited to meet you and show all of her talent.