Beginners Embroidery Workshop with Ina
- Public: Adults 15+ All skill levels welcome
- Date: Saturday March 9th, 2019
- Time: 10 am to 1 pm (3 hours)
- Venue: 393 Swan St, Richmond VIC 3121
- Capacity: 10 people
- Price: $75 Aus
SisterWorks is offering a creative workshop on how to make a fun and colourful embroidery ready to hang on the wall.
This embroidery workshop is perfect for beginners. No prior experience is needed, and your teacher Ina will guide you through the whole process. She’s one of our extremely talented entrepreneurs here at SisterWorks, and she can’t wait to show you what she knows.
This workshop is a great opportunity to meet new people and explore your creativity, and will provide you with a fun embroidery that will be perfect as home decor, or as an ethical gift for someone you care about.
What you will learn
- How to attach fabric onto an embroidery hoop that you can hang on the wall or reuse for your next embroidery project
- 5 different embroidery stitches
- How to play around with different thicknesses and coloured threads to be creative with embroidery
What you will get:
- Hoop, fabric and pattern, embroidery needle and a range of colourful threads to choose from are provided for use during the workshop
- The choice between creating your very own design or using a design provided by Ina
- You will leave with your own embroidery kit and a unique and finished embroidery piece made by you
What to bring:
- Just your lovely self! All equipment will be provided by SisterWorks
About the teacher:
Ina is one of our many talented entrepreneurs here at SisterWorks. She’s originally from Chile and came to Australia in 2015. She has been volunteering at SisterWorks since 2018. Ina is an artist and developed her love for embroidery during a trip to Asia. Spending many hours on planes Ina needed something to do, so she brought a nail clipper, some threads and a plastic hoop with her on the plane and started exploring the embroidery technique.
Her work was inspired by experiences from her trip, and she gave them as gifts to people she met on her journey. After her return, Ina developed her own style which leads to her business called MIV STUDIO. Ina uses embroidery as a way to relax and meditate, and she’s always searching for new ideas to further develop her work.
For more of Ina’s artwork go to https://www.instagram.com/miv.studio/