Beginners Cross Stitch Workshop with Rose
- Public: Adults 15+ All skill levels welcome
- Date: Saturday April 27th, 2019
- Time: 10:00 am to 1:00 pm (3 hours)
- Venue: 393 Swan St, Richmond VIC 3121
- Capacity: 10 people
- Price: $65 Aus
SisterWorks is offering a creative workshop on how to make a fun and colourful cross-stitch embroidery ready to hang on the wall. This cross-stitch workshop is perfect for beginners. No prior experience is needed, and your teacher Rose will guide you through the whole process.
Rose is one of our extremely talented entrepreneurs here at SisterWorks, and she cannot wait to show you what she knows.This workshop is a great opportunity to meet new people and explore your creativity and will provide you with a fun cross stitch embroidery that will be perfect as home decoration, or as an ethical gift for someone you care about.
What you will learn:
- The basics of Cross Stitch
- how to read patterns and apply designs to fabric
- how to play around with different coloured threads
- how to be creative with Cross Stitching Embroidery.
What you will get:
- Hoop, fabric and pattern, embroidery needle and a range of colourful threads to choose from are provided for use during the workshop.
- The choice between 5 different designs provided for your cross-stitch project.
- You will leave with your own cross stitch kit and a unique and finished piece made by you.
What to bring:
- Just your lovely self! All equipment will be provided by SisterWorks.
About the teacher:
Rose is one of our many talented entrepreneurs here at SisterWorks, she is originally from Brazil and came to Australia in 2016 with her husband and kid. She has been volunteering at SisterWorks since 2018.
Rose has a degree in statistics and worked as an analyst in a big company back in Sao Pablo, but living in Australia has given her time to explore her creative part that has been developing since she was a teenager. Completely self-taught, Rose has improved her range of crafts and now she is dedicated and loving sewing projects and cross stitching. She is also a sewing teacher here at SisterWorks and also running her own craft business where she sells the dolls she makes amongst more craft things.